Share this blog
We’re also on…
- How same-sex marriage causes floods | Dean Burnett | New Feeds UK on Wales: Reduce flood risk. Plant trees.
- Biodiversity Offsetting - create, restore, mana... on Biodiversity Offsetting – create, restore, manage; what is acceptable as compensation?
- Vote for your European Tree of the Year! | Oak Trees Studio on Congratulations to the Major Oak
Things we talk about
Search previous posts
- Heartwood Forest 2015 Hedgelaying competition area – update August 30, 2015
- Heartwood Forest Car Park – update July 31, 2015
Tag Archives: Consultation
(When consultation doesn’t tell you what you wanted to hear.) The news this week that a developer has been accused of hiding ‘embarrassing opposition’ to their plans was met with a yawn at Woodland Trust HQ (before we got really … Continue reading
It seems the sporadic tug-of-war between London’s airports has kicked off again, with Gatwick’s consultation on a new runway over-shadowed by Heathrow’s claims to boost the economy. As a woodland charity with specified aims, we’re not fundamentally opposed to growth … Continue reading
As we head towards the Easter break there is a real feel that spring is properly here, although it’s perhaps a little too early to talk of summer (climate change notwithstanding). But, in those places where an institutionalised approach to … Continue reading
The final environmental statement for phase one of High Speed 2 finally arrived on the 25th November 2013. We all knew it was going to be big, but no one was quite prepared for how difficult it was going to … Continue reading
The case for not building in ancient Smithy Wood is clear; there is no environmental case, a contentious business case and from what I have experienced, very limited public support. In fact I’m still waiting to hear from a single … Continue reading