Share this blog
We’re also on…
- How same-sex marriage causes floods | Dean Burnett | New Feeds UK on Wales: Reduce flood risk. Plant trees.
- Biodiversity Offsetting - create, restore, mana... on Biodiversity Offsetting – create, restore, manage; what is acceptable as compensation?
- Vote for your European Tree of the Year! | Oak Trees Studio on Congratulations to the Major Oak
Things we talk about
Search previous posts
- Heartwood Forest 2015 Hedgelaying competition area – update August 30, 2015
- Heartwood Forest Car Park – update July 31, 2015
Category Archives: Open cast coal
Our ‘Save Smithy Wood’ campaign has revealed some of the fascinating history of this wood under threat. Thank you to Melvyn Jones for our latest guest blog -Melvyn is a geographer turned landscape historian and was appointed Visiting Professor at Sheffield Hallam … Continue reading
With the creation of the new Woods under Threat (WuT) database that has been mentioned in my previous post it has meant that we are now able to analyse the data that we have collected over the last 10 years across the … Continue reading
Celtic Energy have lost their challenge against the refusal of their plan to extend an open cast mine into ancient woodland. A bird’s eye view of Margham – ancient Coed Hafod Heulog to the right. The main element of the appeal … Continue reading
In the final of our Wave blog series, here’s a “tree’s-eye” view from the front and a first hand account from our meeting with Ed Miliband before he left for Copenhagen. Along with our coalition partners RSPB, Tearfund, Christian Aid, National … Continue reading
The recent announcement about Kingsnorth has been welcomed by environmentalists, green activists and sensible people everywhere. There is no doubt that without the questions, debate and delays brought about by the huge opposition to this proposed new coal fired power station, it … Continue reading