Share this blog
We’re also on…
- How same-sex marriage causes floods | Dean Burnett | New Feeds UK on Wales: Reduce flood risk. Plant trees.
- Biodiversity Offsetting - create, restore, mana... on Biodiversity Offsetting – create, restore, manage; what is acceptable as compensation?
- Vote for your European Tree of the Year! | Oak Trees Studio on Congratulations to the Major Oak
Things we talk about
Search previous posts
- Heartwood Forest 2015 Hedgelaying competition area – update August 30, 2015
- Heartwood Forest Car Park – update July 31, 2015
Category Archives: Scotland
Nearly four hectares of ancient woodland in the Cairngorms National Park have been saved (Whoop – Whoop!) In May 2013 we were alerted to a planning application that could cause the direct loss of almost four hectares of ancient woodland. … Continue reading
On the bank of the River Tay near Dunkeld in Perthshire is a very special oak tree, but you might not think so at first glance. It is around 300 years old and its bark is bristling with lichen, moss … Continue reading
For decades the Woodland Trust has championed the value of Scotland’s native-woodlands to the Scottish Government, the Forestry Commission, councils, landowners, and agencies such as Scottish Natural Heritage. To their credit, many of them did not take much persuading, but … Continue reading
Symbols matter, from our favourite football team’s colours, to the flags of our nations. They help us identify with each other and can unite us in a common cause. That’s why the news that the thistle, the saltire cross, and … Continue reading
A quick post from our Scotland team for our mighty band of woodland-minded subscribers, who hopefully will be up for this action… “We need your help to bring life to our woods in Livingston, West Lothian. For one day only, … Continue reading