Share this blog
We’re also on…
- How same-sex marriage causes floods | Dean Burnett | New Feeds UK on Wales: Reduce flood risk. Plant trees.
- Biodiversity Offsetting - create, restore, mana... on Biodiversity Offsetting – create, restore, manage; what is acceptable as compensation?
- Vote for your European Tree of the Year! | Oak Trees Studio on Congratulations to the Major Oak
Things we talk about
Search previous posts
- Heartwood Forest 2015 Hedgelaying competition area – update August 30, 2015
- Heartwood Forest Car Park – update July 31, 2015
Category Archives: Northern Ireland
Whilst all the headlines this week have been dominated by the meeting of World Leaders at the G8 in Enniskillen, a truly momentous change has happened in Northern Ireland, restoring much-needed protection to the Province’s unique woodland heritage. On 17 … Continue reading
A common question that we get in the Woods under Threat Team is “how can you identify if a wood is ancient?” The Ancient Woodland Inventory was created in the 1980’s and it shows most ancient woodland that is over two … Continue reading
I have just completed a bi-monthly update of our Woods under Threat cases, and with all my recent posts I thought you all might like to see a brief overview of the threats that vulnerable ancient woods are currently facing, or have fought off (sometimes … Continue reading
We know we are not being told about all of the planning applications that are destroying and damaging ancient woodland in the UK. As you will have seen from my previous two posts, WuT you like to know and WuT … Continue reading
With the creation of the new Woods under Threat (WuT) database that has been mentioned in my previous post it has meant that we are now able to analyse the data that we have collected over the last 10 years across the … Continue reading
Trees and woods have been high on the political agenda recently. Agriculture Minister Michelle O’Neill MLA visited Drumlamph Wood. Just outside Maghera, Drumlamph is one of our rare and precious ancient woodlands, buffered by thousands of recently planted native trees. … Continue reading