Share this blog
We’re also on…
- How same-sex marriage causes floods | Dean Burnett | New Feeds UK on Wales: Reduce flood risk. Plant trees.
- Biodiversity Offsetting - create, restore, mana... on Biodiversity Offsetting – create, restore, manage; what is acceptable as compensation?
- Vote for your European Tree of the Year! | Oak Trees Studio on Congratulations to the Major Oak
Things we talk about
Search previous posts
- Heartwood Forest tree planting – Sunday 22nd November November 20, 2015
- Work Parties at Heartwood Forest November 18, 2015
Category Archives: England
A big decision faces Nottingham City Council’s planning committee this afternoon. Do they approve the University of Nottingham’s plan for a new £2-3 million sports centre as it is? On the face of it, it sounds an easy decision. New … Continue reading
Ever heard of HS2 Ltd? Why yes, you say – it’s that company in charge of building the country’s second high speed railway straight through some of our most precious habitats and threatening, at latest count, 83 ancient woods. How … Continue reading
The usual mixture of triumph, alarm and gnashing of teeth greeted the publication of the Government’s Roads Investment Strategy earlier this week. Strong reaction to the laying of an additional 1,300 miles of tarmac was heard from both sides, with … Continue reading
As we head towards the Easter break there is a real feel that spring is properly here, although it’s perhaps a little too early to talk of summer (climate change notwithstanding). But, in those places where an institutionalised approach to … Continue reading
“Nature underpins our economy and is central to our wellbeing.” Not the words of a green organisation but those of the Government’s independent advisory body on the state of natural capital, the Natural Capital Committee (NCC). Launching their second State … Continue reading
Owen Paterson (Secretary of State for the Environment at Defra) has moved the discussion about biodiversity offsetting both back up the agenda and backwards too, with his comments reported on Saturday that ancient woodland could be part of an offsetting … Continue reading