Share this blog
We’re also on…
- How same-sex marriage causes floods | Dean Burnett | New Feeds UK on Wales: Reduce flood risk. Plant trees.
- Biodiversity Offsetting - create, restore, mana... on Biodiversity Offsetting – create, restore, manage; what is acceptable as compensation?
- Vote for your European Tree of the Year! | Oak Trees Studio on Congratulations to the Major Oak
Things we talk about
Search previous posts
- Heartwood Forest tree planting – Sunday 22nd November November 20, 2015
- Work Parties at Heartwood Forest November 18, 2015
Category Archives: Health
After an eventful consultation period the consultation deadline for the Draft National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) arrived on Monday 17th October. Over the 12 weeks the debate got heated on all sides, from the government, the business lobby and environmental … Continue reading
The ‘Creative’ corner on our website has been quietly amassing an impressive body of work. There are lots of ways to make a change for the better – from simply raising an alarm and building awareness of an issue, to directly influencing … Continue reading
Few can have missed the headlines and increasingly heated discussions around new proposals to change the planning system this week. Shrinking over 1,100 pages of planning guidance down to just over 50, the thrust of the Government’s new National Planning Policy … Continue reading
It took ten years of campaigning and a change of Government before the plans which threatened 6 ancient woods on the outskirts of Stansted airport were finally put to bed. The Coalition’s ‘Programme for Government’ stated there would be no … Continue reading
We already know that trees are officially good for your health. The Government’s public health white paper ‘healthy lives, healthy people’ (published last year) recognised the importance of the quality of the environment within which people live to their physical and … Continue reading
Less than a week to go to have your forestry conversation! Remember the controversy earlier in the year around the Government’s plans to sell off the public forest estate? Widespread public outrage and several national and local campaigns saw them swiftly … Continue reading