Our blog has been nominated for another community-led award, this time it’s the new ‘The Lighthouse Award’!
“an award to recognize the people who have created beautiful, heartwarming, and inspirational blogs. Their blogs bring us happiness, enlighten our hearts, and bring a little joy to our lives when we visit their pages. The work that these people have done has truly given us rays of light in a gloomy world.”
We feel truly honoured! Thank You Dear Kitty, and Coach.
As per the rules, and because we are always pleased to take a chance to highlight just some of the great blogs out there, we’d like to make a few nominations for ‘The Lighthouse Award’ of our own. There are many blogs we admire and follow regularly, we especially love:
- The gorgeous images of Emilie’s local wildlife, allotment days and funky stationary at mslogica
- An inspirational old favourite with wonderful haiku, our #supercampaigner Juliet at Crafty Green Poet
- The full gamut of recipes, stories and eco-challenges (check out Change The World Wednesday) from Cindi ‘Small Footprints’ at Reduce Footprints
- Passionate campaigner and environmentalist Katie, who is Sprouting Out
- ‘Thursday Trees’ (a personal addiction) and all of Laura’s fauxtoart on eljaygee
- Sarah’s beautiful photography and inspiring accounts of managing an ancient woodland in practice at Alvecote Wood
- Learning so much about the environment with fabulous freelance ecologist, Richard Wilson Ecology
All these bloggers shine a light on our natural world and the issues it’s facing with images, personal stories or practical tips and advice, and they really do brighten up our days. We hope to continue doing the same.
Kaye, Kay, Austin, Nikki and everyone at Woodland Matters.
PS: you can also read our posts on our new-look website, where some of our other colleagues are blogging too.